You may find
banks to exchange major currencies at the Airport.
• Please note that standard credit cards e.g. Visa, Master or AmEXP, cannot
be used in Iran.
• Do not forget to declare your foreign currency of more than 5000 dollars
before leaving the customs area.
• Exchanging currencies other than US dollars or Euros is not as
straightforward. So, please remember to carry your money in these two
• Note in Iran weeks start from Saturday and Friday is the official holiday.
Thursdays many governmental offices are closed.
• The electricity supply in Iran works at 220 V and 50 Hz. There are
European standard sockets.
• You may find the information of Iranian cities in this site:
• You may find
weather forecast of Iranian cities in this site: