How to Reach IPM
from Imam Khomeini Airport
• Upon arrival the
most convenient way to reach IPM is to take a taxi at the airport directly
• Please show the address to the driver. The address may be found
(Usually the drivers do not speak or read English.)
• The taxi fare is about 200,000 Rls. (from
Imam Khomeini Airport)
Don't forget to ask for a receipt.
• Make sure to take the official airport taxies which have representatives
in the airport.
You may find
banks to exchange major currencies at the Airport.
An approximate currency exchange rate is 1US$~10000 Rls and
• Please note that standard credit cards e.g. Visa, Master or AmEXP, cannot
be used in Iran.
• Do not forget to declare your foreign currency of more than 5000 dollars
before leaving the customs area.
• Exchanging currencies other than US dollars or Euros is not as
straightforward. So, please remember to carry your money in these two
• Note in Iran weeks start from Saturday and Friday is the official holiday.
Thursdays many governmental offices are closed.
• The electricity supply in Iran works at 220 V and 50 Hz. There are
European standard sockets.
• You may find the information of Iranian cities in this site:
• You may find
weather forecast of Iranian cities in this site:
You may find
the address of the restaurants close to IPM
• For more restaurant options in Tehran you may see: